This recipe is a testament to the beauty of keeping things simple. Green beans, blanched then sautéed with olive oil, butter and garlic and a handful of cherry tomatoes. It’s easy to make, deceptively delicious and gorgeous to boot. It’s easy enough to serve as a weeknight side dish and elegant enough for your next dinner party. Warning, you’re going to want to eat these all the time and you should!
This recipe is part of my DIY Valentine’s Day dinner menu. Check it out to enjoy a fantastic dinner at home with your Valentine.
Rinse the green beans in cold water after draining them but don’t leave them submerged. They’ll lose their crispness and their beautiful bright green color.
Be careful not to burn the garlic when you add it to the sauté pan.
Green Beans with Tomato is a tasty and beautiful side dish that can be on your table in minutes.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Carefully drop green beans into a large pot of heavily-salted boiling water. Cook until beans are bright green, about 3 minutes. Drain green beans and rinse under cold water until cool enough to touch. Set aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in large sauté pan over medium high heat. Once butter melts, add tomatoes and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes begin to soften, 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to brown the garlic.
- Add green beans and season with salt and pepper. Cook until green beans are crisp-tender, tossing occasionally to 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.