Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon is not just the stuff of fancy restaurants with fancy maitre ds. You can make this stuff at home! I’m not joking. Pick up a couple of pre-cut filets – they can be pricey but I promise they’re worth it for a special occasion.
Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and if you’re brave enough to think outside the chocolate box, consider celebrating the holiday with a delicious dinner at home. This Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon is the perfect dish for a romantic dinner for two.
Check out the rest of my Valentine’s Day menu here!
Nothing says elegant meal more than Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon. It’s deceptively simple to make and ooh so delicious!
- 2 4-ounce filet mignon steaks
- 2 slices center cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Wrap one slice of bacon around each steak.
- Heat oil in an oven-proof pan over medium high heat. Add steaks and cook until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Place pan in oven and cook steaks to desired doneness - 5-7 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove pan from oven and let steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving.