1. Anzac Biscuits — If you’re looking for a cookie to share with friends and family across the country or around the world, Anzac Biscuits or Chocolate Oat Cookies are a perfect choice! These cookies were created to withstand travel by mail.
2. Belgian Christmas Cookies — These buttery bar cookies are sprinkled with almonds, cinnamon and colorful sprinkles.
3. Burrebrede/Scottish Shortbread — This medieval Scottish shortbread is the perfect cookie for gift-giving. It’s simple to make and keeps well when stored in an airtight container.
4. Russian Tea Cakes — These buttery-sweet morsels have a split personality and dual citizenship. They’re also known as Mexican Wedding Cookies.
5. Besitos de Cocos — Longing for a taste of the tropics this holiday season? How ’bout making a batch of these rich, coconut cookies popular in Puerto Rico and throughout the Caribbean.