We’ve teamed up with our friends at KidCulture.wordpress.com to bring you Christmas cookies from around the world! I’ll share the recipes and you can learn more about how these cookies came to be holiday favorites at http://kidculture.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/cookies-10-russian-tea-cakes/
Russian Tea Cakes have a split personality and dual citizenship. They’re also known as Mexican Wedding Cookies. Learn more about these buttery-sweet morsels at www.kidculture.wordpress.com.
|Russian Tea Cakes — Christmas Cookies from Around the World||
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- teaspoon salt
- cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add the flour and salt, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the nuts and roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place dough on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until cookies begin to lightly brown. Dust cooled cookies with 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and serve.