I’ve teamed up with KidCulture.wordpress.com to bring you Christmas cookies from around the world! I’ll share the recipes and you can learn more about how these cookies came to be holiday favorites at Kidculture.wordpress.com!
If you’re looking for a cookie to share with friends and family across the country or around the world, Anzac Biscuits or Chocolate Oat Cookies are a perfect choice! These cookies were created to withstand travel by mail. Read more at kidculture.wordpress.com…
|Anzac Biscuits|| || |
- cup quick-cooking oats
- cup all-purpose flour
- cup shredded coconut
- cup brown sugar
- teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine oats, flour, coconut, brown sugar and ginger in a large bowl.
- Combine baking soda and boiling water in a small bowl, stirring until baking soda is dissolved. Add the honey, then pour the liquids into the dry ingredients, stirring until evenly mixed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful onto sheet trays lined with parchment paper, about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.