Tomato and mozzarella are a classic pairing. Throw in a little spicy mustard, turkey and red onion and you’ve got a deluxe grilled cheese in miniature. Don’t have a baguette handy? No problem. Slices of toast cut into quarters make an excellent substitution.
Mini Toasted Turkey & Mozzarella Sandwiches
- 10 baguette slices, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- 5 thin slices turkey or ham (about 2 ounces), cut in half
- 10 thin tomato slices
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 10 1/2-inch thick sliced
- 10 super thin slices of red onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Spread the mustard evenly on the baguette slices. Top with a slice of turkey, a slice of tomato and a piece of mozzarella.
- Gently press the onion slices into the mozzarella and sprinkle sandwiches with salt and pepper.
- Place baking sheet in oven. Cook sandwiches for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted and the edges of the bread begin to brown slightly.