This just might be the perfect snack! Crunchy, slightly sweet, salty and a cinch to make with staples you likely already have in your pantry. A few spices and a half hour or so in a hot oven and chickpeas morph into the perfect party snack.
Sweet & Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper or foil.
- Place dry chickpeas in a medium bowl. Toss with olive oil. Stir brown sugar, chili powder, cayenne and salt together in a small bowl. Pour over chickpeas and toss until chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Pour chickpeas onto prepared baking sheet. Cook 25-35 minutes until lightly crunchy. (Cook 25 minutes for softer chickpeas or longer for crunchier chickpeas.)