1. Look for strawberries that are plump, firm and a vibrant red. They should be blemish free.
2. Choose strawberries that are small to medium in size. They’ll be sweeter than the larger berries.
3. Strawberries don’t continue to ripen once they’re picked so use them soon after purchasing for best quality.
4. Don’t rinse your berries until just before you’re ready to eat them. Rinsing ahead will cause them to soften.
5. Strawberries are good for you! They’re low in calories and fat, but high in fiber, antioxidants and folic acid.
Here are four of my favorite ways to put strawberries to delicious use!