I could’ve called this Celery & Apple Salad an Almost Waldorf Salad. A handful each of raisins or grapes, some toasted, chopped walnuts and lemon juice instead of lime and Waldorf it would be. But sometimes it’s good to keep it simple and crunchy and that’s what this one’s all about. Tart Granny Smith apples and chopped celery, tossed together in a creamy marriage of mayo and Greek yogurt. A splash of lime juice and a sprinkling of dill and you’re done. Be sure to chop the celery leaves, as well. They have tons of flavor.
Peeling the apples is totally optional!! If you decide to skip peeling be sure to wash the apples thoroughly.
Don’t forget those celery leaves! Wash them well and enjoy the extra flavor they’ll add to your salad.
No Greek yogurt? No worries! Replace it with sour cream.
Chop It Like It’s Hot – Brush up on those knife skills!
Stirring. You got this!
Tart Granny Smith apples and chopped celery tossed together in a creamy marriage of mayo and Greek yogurt. A splash of lime juice and a sprinkling of dill and this salad can be on your table in minutes!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples (about 2 apples)
- 2 cups chopped celery (chop the leaves, too)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Stir the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, dill and lime juice together in a large bowl. Add the apples and celery, tossing until evenly coated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.