Bananas Foster is a dangerous dessert. It is wildly delicious and so easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy you’ll find yourself whipping it up every chance you get. The bananas you need to use before they go bad = Bananas Foster. The last banana left over from the week’s fruit smoothies = Bananas Foster.
Bananas are far from being my favorite fruit. If I’m being honest, I don’t really like them. At. All. BUT when they’re sautéed in butter, brown sugar and alcohol they’re suddenly super tasty!
Check out the rest of my DIY Valentine’s Day menu here!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1/4 cup rum or other liqueur
- vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter in large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans, if using. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar melts, 1-2 minutes.
- Carefully pour in rum and simmer until liquid thickens, 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon bananas and sauce over ice cream and serve.