Memorial Day marks the unofficial start of grilling season. Here are 5 tips to help you grill your best!
1. Always brush the grill and food with oil to prevent sticking.
2. Don’t be a serial flipper! Flip food only once. Every time you move the food it slows down the cooking process.
3. Keep tools, plates and platters that come into contact with raw food separate from those for cooked foods.
4. Know the difference between direct and indirect heat. For direct heat, place food over the hottest part of the grill. Foods that take more time to cook should be cooked over indirect heat, not directly over the flame or the hottest part of the grill.
5. Brush foods with sauces in the last few minutes of cooking, especially if they’re made with ingredients that contain lots of sugar. The sugar will burn, leaving the outside of your food burnt and the inside uncooked.
2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks