This just may be the best thing I’ve ever cooked. It’s at least in the top five. Bacon is always tasty but rub it with a blend of light brown sugar and ground chili powder and it bakes into a crispy, smoky spectacular. If sweet and savory float your boat, Brown Sugar Bacon is for you. Make extra because I promise you won’t be able to stop eating it. The second best thing about this recipe is how insanely simple it is. You can literally have it in the oven in minutes. This one’s fool-proof and your carnivores will love it. You can thank me later.
Use a little more brown sugar and chili powder for thicker cut bacon.
Don’t forget to line your baking sheet with foil. The brown sugar will melt into a delicious, but incredibly stick mess.
Arrange the bacon on your baking sheet in one even layer so the bacon cooks evenly.
Add a pinch (or more) of cayenne pepper to give your bacon a little (or a lot) of heat.
Don’t skip the draining the bacon on paper towels step. The paper towels soak up any excess oil and helps the bacon reach peak crispness.
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pound bacon (about 16 slices)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix brown sugar and chili powder together in a medium bowl. Add bacon and toss until bacon is evenly coated with the spices.
- Arrange bacon slices on a baking sheet lined with foil. Cook until bacon is crisp and brown, 15-17 minutes.
- Serves 4-6.