Corn Tomato Herb Salad
This simple salad makes the most of spring and summer’s fresh produce but you can enjoy it year-round by replacing the fresh corn with thawed, frozen corn. The crispy bacon adds a nice crunch but omit it for a vegetarian treat. No fresh herbs on hand? No problem, use a teaspoon of your favorite dried herb instead.
If you don’t have fresh corn on hand, thawed, frozen corn will also work.
You can replace the tablespoon of fresh herbs with a teaspoon of dried if you don’t have fresh herbs available.
Corn, Tomato & Herb Salad
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 2 ears of corn) or 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb of choice
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- Combine corn, tomatoes, red onion and herbs in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream. Pour the vinegar over the vegetables and toss until evenly coated. Sprinkle with the bacon and serve
Copyright 2020 www.CookingClarified.com