I’m not one to toot my own horn, but I have to make an exception in this case. My chocolate sauce kicks store-bought chocolate sauce’s butt. For real. One drizzle of this and you’ll never want to buy chocolate sauce again. You’ll be all – make chocolate sauce from scratch, ALL THE TIME. Even if you’ve been telling yourself you can’t cook or it’s too hard or it’s easier to just buy it. Seriously, give me 10 minutes, four ingredients and your life will be forever changed. **Overstatement Alert*** (Your life will be forever changed only to the extent that you LOVE chocolate.)
I use semisweet chocolate chips to make chocolate sauce but you can swap them out for milk chocolate chips for a sweeter version or dark chocolate for a less sweet taste. The corn syrup helps prevent the sauce from completely solidifying as it cools, though it will firm up when chilled. Simply pop it in the microwave for 10-second intervals to return it to its drizzly perfection. You can store this in the fridge in an airtight container for up to two weeks, but who are we kidding?
Don’t be afraid to spread the love. This sauce ain’t just for ice cream. I slather it on crepes, dip fresh strawberries in it, stir it into a glass of milk for a tasty chocolate milk treat, or just eat it directly from a spoon. Your choice, Boo.
Just raid your pantry, grab a spoon and get ready for all chocolate sauce everything!
Next steps? MAKE CHOCOLATE SAUCE!
Be careful not to let the cream-corn syrup mixture boil. High heat can cause the fat to separate
Use light corn syrup. Dark corn syrup has molasses added, which will alter the taste of your chocolate sauce.
Store your chocolate sauce in an airtight container in the fridge. Microwave it gently in 10-second intervals,
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Stir cream and corn syrup together in a small sauce pan over medium heat, just until it starts to bubble. Be careful not to let it boil.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes, until chips are melted.
- Stir gently until chocolate sauce is smooth. Let cool slightly then pour into an airtight container.
- Chocolate sauce will keep for up to two weeks when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Microwave at 10-second intervals to rewarm.