Homemade Granola – Easy as A-B-C!
Back to school means back to after school snacks in our house and homemade granola, especially this Honey Maple Pecan recipe, is a favorite. Homemade granola simple to make and solves the after school snack dilemma – tasty without a ton of added sugar and preservatives found in some store-bought versions. Spend a few minutes in the kitchen over the weekend and store in an airtight container for a delicious go-to snack throughout the week. Personally, I like to eat it by the handful, but the usual suspects will work, too. Stir homemade granola into yogurt, sprinkle it over fruit salad, or add it to your pancake batter to give your flapjacks a crunch.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir oats, pecans and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk honey, maple syrup, hot water, vanilla and salt together in a small bowl. Pour over oat mixture and toss until oats are evenly coated. Spread granola on prepared baking sheet, making sure granola is in one even layer.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until granola is golden brown. Remove from oven and add cranberries to baking sheet, stirring until well mixed. Cool completely before serving.