Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Heavy cream. Enough said, right? That’s just about all you need to make this decadent chocolate peanut butter sauce. It’s perfect for drizzling — think ice cream or cheesecake — and makes an excellent holiday gift.
Looking for more chocolatey treats? Check out my super simple Peppermint Bark
, the perfect edible holiday treat.
I love the ease of using chocolate chips but if you have a chocolate block, chop it roughly so it’s easier to melt.
Stick with creamy peanut butter for a silky smooth sauce. Crunchy peanut butter doesn’t melt as well, leaving you with a lumpy sauce.
Stirring. You got this!
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce is the best ever sauce for your ice cream, cheesecake or just to eat straight from a spoon!
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Chop chocolate and place it in a medium bowl with creamy peanut butter. Heat heavy cream and corn syrup in a small pot over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until the cream begins to bubble around the edges.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and peanut butter. Stir gently, starting in the center of the bowl, until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- You can store the sauce in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. It will thicken as it cools but you can return it to its silky state if you heat it gently in the microwave at 15-second intervals.
Copyright 2020 www.CookingClarified.com