Football season means tailgating and upgrading your typical game time menus with an international flair is easy with my Ponzu Barbecue Sauce and other recipes from my e-cookbook The Best International Flavors You’re NOT Grilling With: 30 Recipes for Rubs, Marinades & Sauces with International Appeal. Written with my friend, Kathryn Coulibaly who blogs all about introducing kids to different cultures at kidculture.wordpress.com, the e-book features recipes made with a delicious assortment of international flavors that will score a serious taste touchdown with your football fans.
Our Ponzu Barbecue Sauce is a great way to add a little zing to your tried-and-true barbecue sauce recipe. It kicks store-bought barbecue sauce’s butt! Simply brush it onto your grilled or baked chicken in the last 10-15 minutes of cooking for chicken wings that will send your taste buds into overtime! Enjoy this sneak-peek recipe AND five tips for upgrading your tailgate menu with recipes from our book!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic, pasted
- 2 tablespoon Ponzu sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Stir all ingredients together in a small, heavy-bottomed pot. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
Other tailgate recipe suggestions from The Best International Flavors You’re NOT Grilling With!:
1. Spice up your chicken wings by coating them with a tablespoon or two of our Berbere Rub, a fiery Ethiopian spice mix that will put your spicy buffalo wings sauce to shame.
2. Replace your ranch dip with a Tomato & Corn Raita, a thick, chunky, yogurt-based sauce typically served alongside spicy Indian foods to help temper the heat. Our recipe features fresh corn and diced, fresh tomatoes and fresh herbs and spices.
3. Spice up your sliders with Sriracha Mayo, a zippy condiment featuring the Asian super-hot sauce.
4. Serve up chips ‘n Chismol, a Honduran salsa made with cilantro, onions and green bell peppers.
5. Marinate your chicken or ribs in Piri Piri Marinade, a peppery Portugeuse marinade that’s all about the peppers.
Order your copy of The Best International Flavors You’re Not Grilling With! : 30 Recipes for Rubs, Marinades & Sauces with Global Appeal today!
Be the first to comment