Brussels sprouts on my Thanksgiving table are a given. We love us some sprouts over here. My Bourbon & Maple-Braised Brussels Sprouts are my usual go-to but this year I’m going rogue! Sprouts will still be on the menu but this time in this Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples & Cranberries!
Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples & Cranberries
Yes, a salad!! I know, I know. It’s Thanksgiving, the one government-sanctioned day to eat ALL the food without regard for calories, carbs or consequences, but You Guys, this salad gives such good taste you literally won’t be able to. That’s it. You won’t be able to can, adult or get over it.
Big promises, I know, and because I am a lover of facts I understand the need for receipts when making such declarations. So, here are mine – five reasons you will LOVE this Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples & Cranberries.
Five Reasons You’ll LOVE My Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples & Cranberries
1. Oven space is prime real estate on Thanksgiving Day. You can enjoy this tasty salad without cooking a thing!
2. You can make it ahead! Yes! No last minute rushing around. You can prep your ingredients the day before (slice the sprouts, chop the cranberries, whisk up the dressing). On Thursday morning, chop your apples and toss it all together.
3. Brussels sprouts and cranberries will give you the familiar flavors of Thanksgiving but, believe me, you’ll enjoy having a lighter option to complement the rich, savory dishes.
4. Crispy sprouts and chopped apples create a crunchy salad that offers a nice contrasting texture to all of the warm, creamy, rich Thanksgiving dishes we all love.
5. You can serve this salad chilled, straight from the fridge, or at room temperature. No worries!
So, while you’re getting your gobble on this week, treat your peeps to a new tradition, the Thanksgiving salad!
Check out more simple sides here.
Keep it Real! Be sure to use Parmigiana Reggiano cheese and real lemon juice for best flavor.
Give the salad a rest! Let it sit 25-30 minutes after adding the vinaigrette before serving for more flavor and tender sprouts.
The tools section may contain affiliate links to products we know and love.
Brussel Sprout Salad with Apples & Cranberries
- 2 pounds brussel sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- ¾ chopped dried cranberries
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Combine brussel sprouts, apples, cranberries and cheese together in a large bowl.
- Whisk mustard, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Gradually whisk
- in olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Pour dressing over salad and toss until evenly coated.
- Let sit 25-30 minutes before serving.
Salad and Apples are my favorites food. Thanks for your sharing!
I like Sprouts Salad with Apples & Cranberries because it helps me reduce my extra weight. Thanks for sharing this great salad recipe.
Thanks for sharing this recipe. I add some toasted almonds into the salad and it tasted great.
I’m so glad you liked it, John! It’s one of my favorites!
A little taste of Christmas in a salad. I added a little of my turkey spice and toss and wow. thanks for sharing. Heather
Thanks for sharing informative stuff 🙂
Yay! I’m making this tonight and for my husband’s portion I’ll be adding some spicy chicken – can’t wait! Look like a very interesting recipe. Eagerly waiting for some other healthy recipes too.
Hey Danielle, Thanks for sharing a great recipe with us. I will definitely try ours for my husband. I will add some olives and mushrooms as well in the salad for the delicious taste. Keep sharing these recipes with us also check out my kitchen-related blog as well for best kitchen utensils products like ceramic cookware products 🙂