Pack this chicken salad as a stand-alone salad or with lettuce for lettuce wraps, crackers or use it to fill pita bread.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions, mostly the green parts
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon raisins, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Combine chicken, scallions, carrots and raisins in a medium bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, mustard, honey and basil in a small bowl. Whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream until vinaigrette thickens. Pour vinaigrette over chicken and toss until all ingredients are evenly coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.