Substitute your favorite cheese for the cheddar to create your own twist on this retro favorite.
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup toasted, chopped pecans
salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients, except the bacon and nut,s in the bowl of a mixer. Mix on low speed until well-mixed.
- Scoop the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and use the plastic wrap to shape the cheese into a ball. Chill the cheeseball at least 3 hours.
- Mix the crumbled bacon and pecans together on a large plate. Unwrap the cheeseball and roll it in the bacon and pecans until it’s evenly covered.
- Place on a serving platter and serve with crackers or sliced bread.